PITTSBURGH VENTILATION SYSTEMS
BENEFITS OF NEW
Just like water, trapped air can cause problems for homes. But it can be a lot harder to see whether or not you have poor ventilation. Unlike basement flooding, it’s not readily apparent if your attic airflow is constricted.
Today’s Pittsburgh homes are more airtight than ever, and while this can be beneficial from an energy consumption standpoint, it can also cause serious issues if ventilation isn’t properly managed. Without the right kind of ventilation system, your home can trap pollutants like carbon monoxide and potentially damaging moisture. Moisture produced in the home from normal activities like showering and cooking needs to be effectively handled before it can cause mold, water damage, and potential structural issues.
VENTILATION SYSTEM DECISIONS
SHOULD I REPAIR OR REPLACE MY ROOF VENTILATION SYSTEM?
- Some ventilation issues can be aided by a roof fan
- Your furnace/AC can be serviced, which can solve minor ventilation issues
- Excessive mold, mildew, window condensation, general moisture throughout the home
- Expensive or rising utility bills
- Residents experiencing respiratory symptoms like cough, asthma, or irritation
- Peeling paint or wallpaper