RESIDENTIAL SKYLIGHT INSTALLATION SERVICES
THE BENEFITS OF NEW SKYLIGHTS
A skylight window installation can be an effective way to bring natural light into your home, especially in areas that might not otherwise be well-lit. Whether it’s a bathroom, dark hallway, or attic, skylights can add appeal and openness to spaces that can feel dark and confining. They’re also a great choice for bringing light into spaces where privacy is a concern, such as bathrooms or closets.
Additionally, a new skylight can help to reduce energy consumption in your home by allowing natural light to illuminate your indoor spaces, thereby reducing the need for artificial lighting during daytime hours. After a ceiling skylight installation, you’ll also benefit from improved ventilation, as they can be opened to allow in fresh air and improve indoor air quality.
As nice as they are, however, skylights are not without their headaches for homeowners. Aging skylights especially can leak easily, so it’s important to stay on top of your skylight maintenance to protect both the skylight itself and the surrounding roofing.
SKYLIGHT COSTS AND ISSUES
- The components of the skylight — glass, motor, etc. — can often be replaced individually and can cost less than paying for a new ceiling light installation.
- Since leaking is typically the most common problem skylights have, it can be worth it to repair the leak rather than replace the entire unit.
- Skylights are also prone to impact, and debris damage — things like falling branches, high winds, and even UV light can compromise the structure and performance of skylights. If your skylight has undergone this type of damage, it’s likely best to replace the entire light.
- A leaky skylight manifests in a few ways. The first is water dripping or discoloration on the flooring beneath the skylight. If the leak has gone unnoticed or is more serious, there may be pooling water in or around the skylight.
- Skylights can be prone to increased condensation in the home, especially if the placement is near bathrooms or kitchens, where moisture tends to be released into the air during normal activities.
- Bad flashing can also cause a leaky skylight. You’ll want to check the flashing around the skylight and look for areas where it might be pinched or compromised.
Rick and his crew were prompt, professional and efficient. Their quote was competitive and they did a fantastic job on my roof. Rick was engaged with our project and very responsive; always called back promptly.
Very professional. I received several other estimates and Rick Gregor was the only one to actually climb on the roof during the inspection.
I talked to 3 companies about this project. Rick was by far the most thorough in terms of understanding exactly what we needed, explaining the process and recommending solutions and approaches that other contractors didn’t. They showed up when he said they would, worked hard and fast & ultimately gave us a beautiful new roof.
GREGOR + GAF
WHY GO WITH GREGOR?
- Variety of shingles from standard to designer
- All GAF products work together for superior long-term protection
- Improve your home’s resale value, beauty and curb appeal
- Warranties cover ALL materials
- You have options: we’ll help you select the best protection for your home
- Warranties are transferable
- Only the top 3% of all roofing contractors are Master Elite™ Certified
- Fully insured and licensed in PA
- Long-term proven reputation for quality with 25+ years experience
WE'RE MORE THAN JUST VELUX SKYLIGHT INSTALLERS
OUR OTHER SERVICES
SEE THE WORK
PROFESSIONAL SKYLIGHT CONTRACTORS
Our Velux skylight installers serve customers in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area by combining high-quality products, skilled installation, and unbeatable service. At Gregor Roofing, we believe that roofs are made up of a system of interconnected parts that act as a whole to protect your property, which is why we have a detailed approach when we install skylights. Thanks to our comprehensive approach and dedication to professionalism, you can always entrust our contractors with your residential skylight installation in Pittsburgh, PA.
We Offer Skylight Replacement and Installation Services for the Pittsburgh Region
- Bethel Park
- Mt. Lebanon
- Peters Township
- Allison Park
- Allegheny County
- Washington County
- Butler County
Why You Should Leave a Ceiling Skylight Installation to the Experts
If you’re planning Velux skylight installations in Pittsburgh, PA, then it’s best to contact an expert for assistance. For example, one of the main dangers of a DIY skylight installation is leaks — incorrect flashing installation, or improperly sealed skylights can result in water damage and expensive repairs. Furthermore, if you install a skylight at an improper angle, water may not drain properly and lead to pooling. Our professional skylight installation services will reduce the possibility of leaks and water damage by correctly sealing the skylight and angling it for ideal drainage.
In addition, a skilled skylight contractor will make sure it is installed correctly and in accordance with local building regulations. Not to mention, an experienced team of installers will have the necessary experience to get the job done faster than you would on your own. In other words, reaching out to Gregor Roofing for skylight installations in Pittsburgh, PA, will ensure that the project is completed efficiently and without error.
For Velux Skylight Installations in Pittsburgh, PA, Reach Out Today
When it comes to skylight window installations, you can always place your trust in Gregor Roofing. We know just how much of a difference the natural lighting can make in your home, which is why we’re dedicated to going above and beyond during our skylight replacements and installations for residents of Venetia, Bethel Park, Canonsburg, Monroeville, Mt. Lebanon, Peters Township, Baldwin, McKeesport, Allison Park, Washington, Cranberry, Allegheny, Washington, and Butler counties, PA.
Want to learn more about our ceiling skylight installations in Pittsburgh, PA? For more information and to obtain a free estimate for a skylight installation cost, contact Gregor Roofing today.